Want great results without having to wait around? Follow our top tips for delicious potato recipes ready in 30 minutes or less, from prep to plate.
- Make your cooking time micro-sized by microwaving your potatoes. Baking a potato in the microwave can be ready in around six minutes, and best of all, the microwaves don’t damage the nutrients inside
- Cut 15-20 minutes off the time that it takes to bake a potato in the oven by inserting a metal skewer or baking prong through the centre of the potato
- When cooking mash, make double the quantity and freeze half for use the following week
- Making a pie for one of your family dinners? There’s no need to faff around with pastry – instead use thinly sliced potatoes as a crust for savoury casseroles or meat pies
- Have you ever wondered how restaurants get their mash so light and fluffy? Heat the milk before adding it to your potatoes and you will have magnificent mash to die for
- Chop potatoes into small pieces to speed up cooking times
- Leave the skin on your potatoes when possible as they contain loads of flavour and goodness, but if you have to peel them, don’t throw the peelings away. Toss them in a little olive oil and roast in the oven for delicious crisps that are perfect for dipping!